Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mac Journal


Instead of actually posting on what I have spent my evening preparing, I’m going to post on my new blog software. I now use Mac Journal! It is basically a word processor designed specifically for journaling. It is pretty intuitive, but lacks the standard MS Word controls that one would expect to have in a text editor. It has a really neat calendar function and the ability to have multiple journals. You can also drag and drop attachments such as pictures, video and other things.

Perhaps the coolest part of this app is that it can export and upload to a blog. The upload doesn’t work too well if you are putting pictures in and not uploading to an ftp server. Formatting also gets messed up a bit, but the ability to author a blog locally and not through a lame HTML UI is really nice. Mac Journal will even download from the blog to update its back up and local registry. So you can author the entry locally, upload, fix pictures/formatting online, and Mac Journal will download the changes. Sounds like a lot of work, but it is loads easier than other ways I have tried.

Sooooo MacJournal plus my Google Earth and Excel code generator, blogging is super easy! Hooray for Macjournal!

macjournalbanner.gif

No comments: